These blueberry and quinoa muffins can provide a delicious homemade alternative to the supermarket bakery isle. Made with a combination of wholemeal flour, plain flour and quinoa flakes they are more dense than you standard cake but tasty nonetheless! Packed with blueberries these muffins contain antioxidants, and vitamins C & K. Top with pumpkins seeds to get your fix of vitamin B, magnesium, iron and zinc too.
- 50g Quinoa Flakes
- 125ml of Milk
- 160g Wholemeal Flour
- 140g Plain Flour
- 3 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon plus extra for dusting.
- 55g of Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 180ml of Coconut Oil
- 180ml of Maple Syrup
- 300g of Blueberries
- Icing Sugar for dusting.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the quinoa flakes and milk in a bowl and leave to soak for 20 minutes.
- Sift the flour and baking powder and soda into a large bowl. Add cinnamon.
- In another bowl combine the egg, vanilla extract, sugar, maple syrup and oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, combine well and fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon into the muffin cases.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar and cinnamon.
- Serves 12.